|Student Alumni Enhancement Grant|
East Central University Alumni Association
Student Alumni Enhancement Grant Guidelines
(November 1, 2012)
The ECU Alumni Association, in conjunction with the ECU Foundation, has established the Student Alumni Enhancement Grant Program to assist ECU student organizations with financial support when opportunities arise that will enhance the organization members' educational/vocational experiences. The purpose of the Grant is to enhance student education, training and overall university experience by enabling students to participate, through campus organizations, in special activities such as conferences, seminars and contests while representing and bringing credit to the University and strengthening the organizations.
It will be up to each Dean to decide what is to be funded with their Alumni Association Enhancement Grant through whatever process they wish to use, as long as the guidelines are followed. Failure to follow the guidelines could result in reduced funding in the future should the program be continued. It is anticipated, but not guaranteed, that the program will be continued in the future.
Faculty/Sponsor expenses are not eligible except for meals when meals for students are purchased. The funds cannot be used to buy equipment or supplies for class or university use. Also mileage can only be funded at the rate of 22 cents per mile. This equates to 17 mpg at $3.75 a gallon. Deans may wish to fund travel at the actual cost of gas if this is less than 22 cents per mile or fund at a rate less than 22 cents per mile. University vans, charter buses and other such modes of transportation can be funded at their actual cost and an explanation should be provided on the report form.
Unless permission is granted prior to funding, both the Foundation and the Alumni Association reserve the right to, through various means, publicize what activities have been funded based on information from the report forms and to verify, by whatever means they believe appropriate, all information submitted.
Finally, funds can only be disbursed to student organizations. It is up to student organizations to decide what they wish to sponsor or allow to be funded through their organization. Student organizations may wish to fund or sponsor activities such as, but not limited to, class trips, individual students or groups of students presenting research, organizational trips, organizational participation in events and organizational sponsorships of events. Meals for students may be purchased and meals may also be purchased for faculty/sponsors when students' meals are purchased. As indicated the dean will determine what is appropriate to be funded.
For the 2013-14 school year, the Alumni Association will donate $2500 ($10,000 total) to the School of Business, the College of Education and Psychology, the College of Health and Sciences and the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. Once these funds are donated the process will be as follows:
1. Application forms will be distributed to the deans.
2. Faculty members must go to the deans to obtain the forms.
3. For events that occur after November 15, 2012 the first page must be filled out completely and approved by the dean in advance of the activity/event/trip. For events that occurred between August 15, 2012 and November 14, 2012 the first page must be filled out completely and approved by the dean in order to be reimbursed.
4. The second page must be filled out completely after the trip—all receipts must be attached, and everything needs to be taken to the Foundation for reimbursement.
5. The form "East Central University Alumni Association Student Alumni Enhancement Grant Activity/Event/Trip Report Form” should be obtained from the ECU Alumni Association website, completed and submitted electronically (e-mail attachment) to the dean within 30 days of the completion of the activity if the activity occurs after November 15, 2012. If the event occurred between August 15, 2012 and November 14, 2012 the form should be submitted by December 15, 2012. The Dean should look over the form and then, when satisfied with the information, send it electronically (e-mail attachment) to the Director of Alumni Relations.
6. The student organization needs to make sure that it keeps a copy of the application and all documentation for its files, and also needs to make a copy to provide to their respective dean.
7. After the Foundation has completed the disbursement, a copy of everything submitted will be provided to the Office of Alumni Relations.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the Director of Alumni Relations (ext. 561) who will forward the correspondence on to the ECU Alumni Association and/or the ECU Foundation for a reply.
Click on forms below:
Once a Tiger, Always a Tiger!